Edge by Jeffery Deaver review

EdgeEdge by Jeffery Deaver

pages:  539
genre:  thriller
2.5 stars
purchased book


Though he's a favorite author, not my favorite book. A story about private protection of a family against a "lifter" or person hired to kidnap a family member for the purpose of finding information, it never really grabbed me.

The main character, Corte, never engaged me - he seemed flat, cold, and distant. The story is told from his perspective but you never really learn much about him. Even the bad guy, Henry Loving (really?!), wasn't well developed and seemed a cardboard character. He was always lurking in the background as this nemesis character, but never became very scary.

I love a good unexpected twist to a story but this whole plot was based on "twists" and I found that annoying. There was little tension and I never really cared if the bad guy was caught or not.

Readable but not his best effort.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment